[Arm-dev] Missing packages/groups in armhfp repo

Jim Perrin jperrin at centos.org
Mon Apr 4 12:17:03 UTC 2016

On 04/03/2016 09:31 AM, Gordan Bobic wrote:
> On 2016-04-03 15:12, Adam Bishop wrote:
>> I just deployed the raspberry pi image for some testing and found a
>> couple of rough edges with the armhfp port.
>>
>> Mock doesn't work out of the box; it'd be nice if it shipped with a
>> working config file, but after having written one builds are failing
>> because the @buildsys-build yum group is not available.
>
> Funnily enough, I pointed out the exact same thing a week or two ago.
> The response was that this group is no longer used and the packages
> are instead included in the base root - except that clearly isn't
> what actually happens.

It really is. The mock configs are in git, you can see that we spell out
the packages for the buildroot.

>> I can probably
>> work around this by specifying the list of packages needed for the
>> buildroot manually, but I suspect that the group may not exist because
>> some required packages are missing.
>
> They exist, at least on aarch64 and armv5tel (RedSleeve), so it is
> a virtual certainty they are there on c7 armhf. What you need is:
> http://ftp.redsleeve.org/pub/el6/6.7/comps.xml
> and make a dummy empty repository out of it:
> createrepo -g comps.xml .

Redsleeve makes changes, and that's up to them. The buildsys-build group
has always come from EPEL, even on x86_64.

> Add that path to that repo to your mock repositories, and all will
> start working just fine.
>
>> I've confirmed that httpd-devel and apr-devel are not present in the
>> repository; is this an oversight or is there a problem building them
>> for arm?
>
> Interesting, they are missing on armhf, but they are there on
> aarch64. :-/

The buildsys-build group isn't available on aarch64 for CentOS either.

--
Jim Perrin