[Arm-dev] Intro, and platforms

Lamar Owen lowen at pari.edu
Tue Apr 5 13:25:38 UTC 2016

On 04/05/2016 09:03 AM, Jim Perrin wrote:

> On 04/04/2016 04:44 PM, Lamar Owen wrote:
>> Is there specific information I can get from the Ubuntu install that
>> would be useful for C7 purposes?
>
> There are two blocking issues with the C2 right now....
> In theory you could create an arm64/aarch64 'userspace' build similar to
> what Fabian has done on the 32bit side, but I've not done any legwork
> around that. Is that something you'd have an inclination (and the free
> time) to help with?

Jim,

Thanks for the explanation; this matches what I had kindof figured (but
I had hoped I was mistaken).

Yes, I have the inclination and I have some time to work on this; what
sort of tools will I need?  I have the UART cable for serial console,
and I'm currently using only MicroSD to boot.

I will say that while my employer is willing to pay me to get the little
box running for the RFI sniffer (GNUradio required), and while I would
vastly prefer C7 on it, C7 isn't a hard requirement for the sniffer
project.  It would make it easier for me, and I am the one in charge of
the project here, since I can then do any dev work on my laptop and just
build on the C2.  With using Ubuntu it is a bit more difficult for me.
I would think that this would be a desireable board to support, though,
but I of course reserve the right to be wrong....

Thanks again!