[Arm-dev] I2C in Centos 7

cjvijf at gmail.com cjvijf at gmail.com
Fri Apr 22 23:18:07 UTC 2016

Hello,

I am running Centos on a raspberry pi 2b. (I downloaded the image from:
http://people.centos.org/hughesjr/armv7hl/rpi2/images/
rpi2-centos-image.img.xz )
and installed the i2c libraries and modules for i2c.
[root at rpi2-2 ~]# lsmod | grep i2c

i2c_bcm2708             5006  0
i2c_dev                 6027  0

From what I read that should be correct

device file is there too:
crw-------  1 root root   89,   1 Dec 31  1969 i2c-1

kernel:
Linux rpi2-2 3.18.14-v7+ #794 SMP PREEMPT Sun Jun 7 12:50:51 BST 2015
armv7l armv7l armv7l GNU/Linux

However, when I scan the i2c bus with 'i2cdetect -y 1' I don't see any
devices (and I tried 2 that I know work).

is the I2C stuff in this kernel working?  (or is there a newer kernel
version?)

thanks,

Ron

P.S.  I know this is an arm-dev list, but figured  the I2C topic would
fit better here than in a general Centos list