[Arm-dev] Call for 7.3.1611 aarch64 kernel patches

Christopher Covington cov at codeaurora.org
Tue Nov 15 15:47:00 UTC 2016

Hi Jim,

On 11/03/2016 10:07 AM, Jim Perrin wrote:
> We now have the kernel-aarch64 sources for what will be 7.3.1611, so I'd
> like to put out a request now for anyone who would like to have
> additional hardware or features enabled in the installer. I'm limiting
> this patch window to 1 week, in the interest of trying to get the disto
> built and released quickly.
>
> Patches will of course be accepted after the 1 week deadline, but any
> features enabled in them will be pushed as an update kernel, and won't
> be available in the anaconda installer directly.
>

> The updated git tree is available via
> https://git.centos.org/summary/?r=sig-altarch/kernel
>
> Thanks and happy patching.

We really appreciate your work on this.

Regarding the vanilla (non-AltArch) build, it looks to a noob like me that
build logs haven't been updated in about a week. (Am I looking in the right
spot?)

http://buildlogs.centos.org/c7.1611.00.a64/

How is the vanilla build progressing? Is there anything the community can
help with? Is what's available now from buildlogs expected to be pretty
similar to the final build? About how much work/time do you think is left?

Thanks,
Cov

--
Qualcomm Datacenter Technologies, Inc. as an affiliate of Qualcomm
Technologies, Inc. Qualcomm Technologies, Inc. is a member of the Code