[Arm-dev] Cubieboard5 performance

Johnny Hughes johnny at centos.org
Sun Aug 26 10:05:22 UTC 2018

On 08/22/2018 04:38 PM, Iván Chavero wrote:
> El lun, 20-08-2018 a las 16:06 -0300, Pablo Sebastián Greco escribió:

<snip>

>> Iván, I didn't have time today to build 4.18 today, but I pushed
>> 4.17.17, and it should appear here
>> https://armv7.dev.centos.org/repodir/community-kernel-latest/kernel/
>> between today and tomorrow.
>> It has smp for a83t (bananapi-m3 and cubieborard5)
>> Your hdmi patch for cubieboard5.
>> Some other fixes for R40.
>>
>> It would be great if you could test it.
>
> I will and report on this thread, thanks!

OK Guys,

I bought a Cubieboard5 a very long time ago to test on CentOS-7.  Years
later, it finally works :).

I worked with Pablo to test his 4.17.17 kernel, using this thread,
specifically this post:

https://lists.centos.org/pipermail/arm-dev/2018-August/003399.html

I am happy to say that I now have it working now.

My only real issues were:

1. The '/etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-link.sh' needing to be
deleted and a permanent MACADDR added.  This post by Robert used to
Delete the ifcfg-link.sh and I created a static IP with a MACADDR:

https://lists.centos.org/pipermail/arm-dev/2018-August/003366.html

(don't forget to edit ifcfg-eth0.sh and change HWADDR= to MACADDR=)

2.  I am getting a usb bus hang .. it normally takes about 5 minutes for
the bus to reset, then everything seems to be OK.

After setting everything up, I did try using the latest Fedora 29
Cubieboard5 u-boot-sunxi-with-spl.bin.  That one did not fix either the
MACADDR issue or the usb bus hang.

Thanks,
Johnny Hughes