[Centos-automotive-sig] Weekly update on the automotive-sig

Fri Mar 18 16:19:16 UTC 2022
Pierre-Yves Chibon <pingou at pingoured.fr>

Good Morning Everyone,

So here are some of the changes that we have worked on over the last couple of
weeks:

* We got a sub-domain for AutoSD, so you can browse it at:
  https://autosd.sig.centos.org/

* We kept on working on allowing a new lookaside cache structure on CentOS'
  infrastructure, giving SIGs more flexibility on their workflow (cf the
  discussion on the centos-devel list)

* We worked on some sample containers interacting via SOME/IP, cf:
  https://lists.centos.org/pipermail/centos-automotive-sig/2022-March/000085.html

* We have a new tool called runvm in the repo which makes it easier to run
  images with qemu

* Our manifest now have a variable you can use if you want to add extra
  repositories (in addition to extra packages) when building images. It will go
  something like:
  `make cs9-qemu-minimal-regular.aarch64.qcow2 DEFINES='extra_repos=[{"id":"foo","baseurl":"http://foo"}] extra_rpms=["some","rpms"]'`
  (documentation will be updated shortly)

Happy hacking!