[Centos-automotive-sig] Weekly update on the automotive-sig

Fri Mar 25 16:24:13 UTC 2022
Pierre-Yves Chibon <pingou at pingoured.fr>

Good Morning Everyone,

So here are some of the changes that we have worked on over this week:

* We can now build from gitlab.com/redhat/automotive in CBS (cbs.centos.org),
  note that we want to move to gitlab.com/centos/automotive as soon as the
  authentication questions between gitlab and the CentOS account system are
  solved.

* Repository structure for AutoSD has been simplified. It used to include the
  CentOS repository from which the RPMs composing AutoSD had been pulled but
  that was not necessary and ended up making AutoSD split across multiple
  repositories instead of having just one. This is now fixed:
  https://autosd.sig.centos.org/AutoSD-9/latest/cs9/
  (as I write this email I realize that we still have some redundancy in the
  path here...)

* Remote-build has been improved to make it easier to run, now all you need is
  to write your configuration file and ensure you have podman installed on the
  targeted hosts! The client handles the rest. Sources:
  https://github.com/pypingou/remote_builder

* Increased the size of the `/boot` partition on our sample images to 300M so it
 has enough space to install up to 3 kernels.

* The rpm repository moved from the folder `product-builds` to `AutoSD-9` at:
  https://autosd.sig.centos.org/

Happy hacking!

Pierre