[CentOS-devel] Building CentOS for Alpha/AXP and SPARC

Mon Apr 23 15:29:44 UTC 2007
Martin P. Kalitis <martin.kalitis at gmail.com>

Hello all,

I originaly sent this email to Ralph Angenendt and he suggested posting
it to the devel mailing list.I have had a look at the CentOS distro and
noticed that you are looking for a maintainer for SPARC. Whilst I don't
have access to a SPARC system as yet I do have access to an AXP (ALPHA)
and noticed that the latest build/release you have for this platform is
4.3 and not 4.4 or 5. If you need extra resources to help make the newer
releases happen for the AXP platform, I am more than willing to help out
where I can.

I work as a systems developer and have a background not only in
development but also systems administration which includes building
custom toolchains and embedded versions of Linux for various hardware
platforms.

Initially I can begin work on producing a AXP release with a SPARC
release following once the hardware hits my doorstep. Let me know if you
are interested in my offer.

Thanks,

Martin.