[CentOS-devel] How can I search in bugzilla.centos.org ?

Sun Apr 22 09:37:24 UTC 2007
Johnny Hughes <johnny at centos.org>

On Sat, 2007-04-21 at 13:09 -0700, Roger Peña wrote:
> Hi
>
> I was trying to find if someone reported a litle, very
> litle, bug in yum.conf file
>
> but I could not see how to make a search in centos
> bugzilla page :-(

If you click the "View Issues" menu item you can search.  At the top of
the screen are filters that you can set (and save) for your logged in
user.

> the litle bug is, probabily reported, that distropkg
> is set to redhat-release insted to centos-release,
> like this:
> distroverpkg=centos-release

Not sure if that is a bug, as centos-release provides redhat-release and
it will work either way.

In fact, having it work with redhat-release facilitates installing
centos-release on redhat (or other clones who also provide
redhat-release) machines to allow for upgrade.much easier ... so this is
not so much a bug as a feature.

> BTW, I am exploring centos5-x86_64 :-)
> I forgot to mention it in my previous mail
>
> also, it would be nice if anaconda fail more polite
> when it can't find 'groups definitions' in the repos
> files, right now it just make a break with a "send a
> bug report" messages and abort instalation.

That is an upstream problem, though anaconda is a heavily modified
package, so it might be possible.  (Though, every mod we make takes us
farther from the known and tested codebase.  This means we stand a
chance of introducing our own bugs ... something we do not want to do).