[CentOS-devel] Re: logged in sessions - was CentOS 5 ArtWork

Mon Jan 15 21:49:29 UTC 2007
Patrick S. Harper <patrick at internetsecurityguru.com>

Ok your right.

If you can run in runlevel 3 all the time and never need the graphical
environment for backup, management or configuration tools you will never
have a conflict between a local gnome session and another gnome session
used by vnc. Your solution works perfectly well here.

However if you need to be able to provide a graphical session at the
console and a graphical session through vnc, the possibility for a
conflict still does exists. In this situation pauls xorg-vnc suggestion
would seem to be the answer.

I will test both methods this weekend and write up a howto for the wiki.

If Paul and Scott have anything they want to add, please mail me off
list with the details and I'll follow your instructions on a clean 4.4
box. If I get chance I'll compare xrdp too.

Thanks
Jason_Meers
--

Have you tried FreeNX? Works really well for me on my box's that I need a
GUI on