[CentOS-devel] minimal install CentOS-6 media

Karanbir Singh mail-lists at karan.org
Mon Nov 29 12:57:40 UTC 2010

On 11/29/2010 12:41 PM, Manuel Wolfshant wrote:
> https://nazar.karan.org/cgit/bluecain/tree/ks-minimalC5-64.cfg is my
> idea of a minimal install. It lacks xen/kvm support however which
> probably should be in.

ok, lets see if we can get a package manifest together based on that. it
should be a good start.

> if we go with "minimal", that would be a reasonable list. if we go with
> "server", I'd add mysql, apache, postfix + basic php . maybe even
> dovecot + php-imap.

Would that make it more of a SMB-server install ? On the other hand,
maybe an smtp server might be a good idea. I guess we need to support
mdadm and lvm on the install too.

> Please don't. The installer is the first major experience and even real
> professionals do not need/use it, the rest of the universe uses it as a
> first factor for decision.

right, and all the docs and help around from people would rely on a
consistent install experience across all media / types etc. So lets not
drop the gui install, that ties in with Tim's comments as well.

- KB