[CentOS-devel] Adding the EPEL release package to the extras repository

Dan Porter

dpreid at gmail.com
Fri Jun 27 14:35:48 UTC 2014

My main concern would be that it would give an implicit approval of all
EPEL packages for CentOS 7. That also implies that we would support
EPEL packages in the IRC channel and other forums even though CentOS has
no control over those packages at all.

Remember that by installing the ‘release’ package from any repository, you
implicitly agree to the terms they provide in their license. I don’t think
we’ll have to support EPEL as a result (just support for the release
package itself)

Dan
​