[CentOS-devel] LiveGNOME will not boot without uas.ko on newer Seagate SLIM

Anthony Alba

ascanio.alba7 at gmail.com
Wed Dec 21 07:05:03 UTC 2016

Hi,

I encounted a USB drive which would not boot the Live image due to
lack of uas.ko;

1. Hardware: USB 3.0 drive Seagate BUP Slim GD 0BC2:AB24.

2, On an already installed system, this is recognized with uas.ko loaded.

3. Attempting to boot LiveGNOME image from this drive fails as there
is no uas.ko in initrd0.img.  init reaches the emergency shell  trying
to locate LiveOS/* as there is no disk found.

4. When I munge uas.ko into the initrd0.img the LiveGNOME image works
as expected.

Since we may encounter more and more of these in the field can I
recommend that uas.ko be included in future Live images.

Cheers
Anthony