[CentOS-devel] Security and other updates - too slow

Troy Dawson

tdawson at redhat.com
Fri Dec 16 18:44:26 UTC 2016

On Fri, Dec 16, 2016 at 12:24 PM, Phil Wyett
<philwyett.hemisphere at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, 2016-12-16 at 10:37 +0000, Karanbir Singh wrote:
>> On 15/12/16 23:43, Phil Wyett wrote:
>> > Hi,
>> >
>> > How is the core SIG looking at improving and speeding up (more than one
>> > person) builds of updates? As I see it the longer the time between
>> > vendor release and CentOS release people know that we are hittable if
>> > they have a viable exploit?
>> >
>> > I ask this as I see that the core SIG is not concentrating on the job at
>> > hand and concentrating on the work of their new masters - Red Hats
>> > CentOS? Their heads are in the cloud. ;-)
>>
>> unsure if this is a troll post or you actually meant to raise tangiable
>> concerns ?
>>

> Hi Karanbir,
>
> How dare you class me as troll!

Is what a troll would say.

But here's why I think you sound like a troll

1 - An accusing tone.
1a - Especially on a product which has no cost.

2 - Very general accusations.

3 - Slurring many groups together in order  to antagonize the greatest
amount of people.
3a - SIG's, Red Hat employees, etc...

If you are not a troll, then it might be nice to try changing the way
you write your emails, because you certainly sound like one.  If you
change the way your write your emails, you might get much more done,
in a much faster timeframe.