[CentOS-devel] CBS kernel-debuginfo packages

Wayne Betts

wbetts at bnl.gov
Tue Jun 7 14:56:25 UTC 2016

I'm not sure if this is an appropriate place for this question - please gently
steer me to a better place if you think there is one.

I have a machine using a kernel package from the CentOS Community Build System
(specifically kernel-3.18.21-16.el6 from
http://cbs.centos.org/koji/buildinfo?buildID=4757, but my question applies to
other CBS kernel versions as well from what I can tell)

The machine is crashing with some regularity on Sunday mornings.  Looking at a
kdump core dump might help narrow down the cause of the crashes.

But the CBS kernel packages don't appear to include kernel-debuginfo packages,
and the kernel.spec file appears to me (a non-expert for sure) to have had the
necessary pieces removed, so I don't know how to rebuild from the srpm and get
the debuginfo packages that way either.

If someone could help me find or build the kernel-debuginfo package, it will be
appreciated.

Thank you,