[CentOS-devel] Before You Get Mad About The CentOS Stream Change, Think About…

John Crisp

jcrisp at safeandsoundit.co.uk
Tue Dec 22 23:03:26 UTC 2020

On Mon, 21 Dec 2020 11:31:13 -0600
Mike McGrath <mmcgrath at redhat.com> wrote:

> > That's the 'Extinguish' bit. Comes after 'Embrace' and 'Extend'.
> >

> Uhhh, there is no Extinguish in Open Source.  That's the entire
> point.  We embraced, we extended.  If others want to carry on the
> torch they are more than welcome to do so.

As I mentioned elsewhere, this is gaslighting. Again.

You are closing/removing the RH owned and distributed downstream build
RHEL known as CentOS (as you are entitled too). That is Extinguish.

Ends.

Whether there is something else, by someone else, no one can be sure.
But that is a different story entirely.

The curious bit will be what RH try to do to with any new version that
appears eg Rocky, if they are in any way successful.