[CentOS-devel] Balancing the needs around the RHEL platform

Konstantin Boyandin

lists at boyandin.info
Tue Dec 29 02:38:12 UTC 2020

On 29.12.2020 02:10, Gordon Messmer wrote:
> On 12/28/20 3:50 AM, Konstantin Boyandin via CentOS-devel wrote:
>> On 28.12.2020 17:34, Alexander Bokovoy wrote:
>>> You keep ignoring 'no-cost' part there.
>> It was said "or". "low- *or* no-cost..." Do you see? Not "and", but "or".
>>
>> Will I sound too unrealistic, if I say that "low-cost" would be much,
>> much more probable?
>

> That's a totally normal sentence construct for English speakers. It
> implies that both will exist, and each will be appropriate for different
> use cases.  It does not imply that "no-cost" may or may not exist, only
> that it may or may not fit a particular use case.

Quite probably. In my native language, difference in such constructs
between "or" and 'xor" is usually defined by intonation - i.e., open for
interpretation.

In any case, it's fruitless to guess. It's more constructive to accept
what's done and move forward.

--
Sincerely,

Konstantin Boyandin
system administrator (ProWide Labs Ltd. - IPHost Network Monitor)