[CentOS-devel] FreeIPA / Samba / SSSD - new packages same problems

Tue Dec 20 11:48:24 UTC 2022
lejeczek <peljasz at yahoo.co.uk>

On 01/12/2022 14:53, Johnny Hughes wrote:
> On 12/1/22 07:30, Alex Iribarren wrote:
>> Hi Johnny,
>>
>> On 12/1/22 02:12, Johnny Hughes wrote:
>>> We are working on moving the CentOS Stream 8 process to
>>> be like the CentOS Stream 9 process.  Once that process
>>> is in place it will help prevent issues like this.  But
>>> this takes time.
>>>
>>> The main reason these things can happen right now is the
>>> standard repoclosure does not work properly with modules
>>> integrated into the distribution.
>>>
>>> We rolled in t_functional tests that catch many of these
>>> issues, like this test:
>>>
>>> https://github.com/CentOS/sig-core-t_functional/blob/master/tests/0_common/50_test_comps.sh
>>>

>>> That tests comps install groups.
>>>
>>> When new items come up, we try to add tests to prevent
>>> them in the future.
>>>
>>> We are now working on a specific t_functional test to
>>> check the Samba, IPA, SSSD, evolution-mapi, openchange
>>> chain.
>>>
>>> Community pull requests for t_fucntional gladly accepted :)
>>
>> Thanks for highlighting 50_test_comps.sh. In fact, I
>> contributed that test myself exactly to catch these sorts
>> of issues. I suppose it didn't catch it in this case, but
>> I can't actually confirm because ci.centos.org seems to
>> be down. Maybe it was down when these packages were being
>> built and that compose didn't go through the CI?
>>
>> My open issue with the CentOS Board is precisely to have
>> something like ci.centos.org and t_functional for Stream
>> 9, which is something that doesn't currently exist.
>
> We run tests CI tests for 'el7' and 'c8s' in our QA CI
> setup right now. That test did run and pass.  It seems it
> does not test the right combinations of packages for that
> chain together in an install
> (samba/ipa/openchange/evolution-mapi/sssd).  Which is why
> we are writing a specific test for this specific chain.
> We am also working on a test to ensure we don't forget to
> rebuild annobin if we upgrade gcc.
>
> I know that as a group we are working on getting
> t_functional working for CentOS Stream 9 (you can see that
> from the many updates by Adam Selah in there lately).
>
> https://github.com/CentOS/sig-core-t_functional/commits/master
>

> My understanding is that this will be run on CentOS Stream
> 9 composes (and CentOS Stream 8 composes once the builds
> move to the new koji stream builder) in a different
> location that publicly available, before release.
>
> You can also see the builds from the current c8s builder
> are being moved to the new koji stream builder (right now
> actually):
>
> https://kojihub.stream.centos.org/koji/builds
>
> Everything 'el8' in there is me moving things over.
>
> So this is being actively worked on.
>
> Thanks,
> Johnny

It's great that Centos, Redhat & freeIPA want to resolve
these CI issues - as this has been the problem every single
time for past ~2 yrs - once and for all and together. The
rest of us appreciate it greatly.
Meanwhile - it's been almost a month - is there any fix on
the horizon for this very rpm-conflicts occurrence?
many thanks, L.