[CentOS-devel] CentOS Stream 8 is now ahead of RHEL 8

Wed Mar 15 19:06:02 UTC 2023
Brian Stinson <brian at bstinson.com>

On Wed, Mar 15, 2023, at 13:27, Ewoud Kohl van Wijngaarden wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 15, 2023 at 12:34:57PM -0500, Brian Stinson wrote:

>>> Will you also update https://app.vagrantup.com/centos/boxes/stream8?
>>> It's now 2 years old. There is a more recent build (from 2022-09-13) on
>>> https://cloud.centos.org/centos/8-stream/x86_64/images/ but that's still
>>> quite old for something that should be rolling forward.
>>>
>>> https://bugs.centos.org/view.php?id=18028 is tracking this, but hasn't
>>> seen an update in a long time.
>>
>>We'll be focusing on other image types before we decide how we want to handle vagrant images. For now, Stream 8 boxes are stored in the buildsystem, example: https://kojihub.stream.centos.org/koji/buildinfo?buildID=31089
>
> Would it be possible to upload once manually so we at least have a
> semi-recent image?

The focus would be to get these images synced to cloud.centos.org using our usual sync tooling (that's where Vagrant Cloud points to anyways).

If you have something handy, that would be a good contribution to this folder: https://gitlab.com/redhat/centos-stream/release-engineering/releng-tools/-/tree/master/scripts