[CentOS-devel] CentOS Stream 8 is now ahead of RHEL 8

Wed Mar 15 20:54:53 UTC 2023
Troy Dawson <tdawson at redhat.com>

On Wed, Mar 15, 2023 at 12:06 PM Brian Stinson <brian at bstinson.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Mar 15, 2023, at 13:27, Ewoud Kohl van Wijngaarden wrote:

> https://lists.centos.org/pipermail/centos-devel/2023-February/142762.html

> still

> >>We'll be focusing on other image types before we decide how we want to
> handle vagrant images. For now, Stream 8 boxes are stored in the
> buildsystem, example:
> https://kojihub.stream.centos.org/koji/buildinfo?buildID=31089
> >
> > Would it be possible to upload once manually so we at least have a
> > semi-recent image?
>
> The focus would be to get these images synced to cloud.centos.org using
> our usual sync tooling (that's where Vagrant Cloud points to anyways).
>

> >>Stream 9 images, as usual, can be found on cloud.centos.org:
> https://cloud.centos.org/centos/9-stream/x86_64/images/
> >
> > This is inconvenient since there simply isn't a centos/stream9 on
> > https://app.vagrantup.com/centos which means every consumer needs to
> > manually specify it. There also isn't a
> > CentOS-Stream-Vagrant-9-latest.x86_64.vagrant-libvirt.box either which
> > means manual work.
> >
> > Is there any way I could help? Like providing a (Python) script to
> > create the entries via the Vagrant Cloud API. I obviously just can't run
> > it myself without credentials.
>
> If you have something handy, that would be a good contribution to this
> folder:
> https://gitlab.com/redhat/centos-stream/release-engineering/releng-tools/-/tree/master/scripts

> As soon as the other image types are clear, we can come back to this.
>
> --Brian

For those that aren't watching.
- Containers are now on Quay -
https://quay.io/repository/centos/centos?tab=tags
- Cloud images are up -
https://cloud.centos.org/centos/8-stream/x86_64/images/
I'm currently working on the AWS images.

This is semi-automated at this point.
Meaning that I am running the automated scripts manually to verify they
work.
Hopefully the next compose (or maybe the one after that) this will be a one
button push release.

Troy