[CentOS-devel] RFC (Request for Comments) : future of lists.centos.org (aka centos mailing-lists)

Thu May 11 14:59:19 UTC 2023
Trevor Hemsley <trevor.hemsley at ntlworld.com>

On 11/05/2023 14:58, Josh Boyer wrote:
> On Thu, May 11, 2023 at 9:42 AM Trevor Hemsley
> <trevor.hemsley at ntlworld.com>  wrote:
>> On 11/05/2023 13:35, Josh Boyer wrote:
>>> Fedora has a Discourse instance and we've had some CentOS topics
>>> there.  The CentOS lists are pretty low-traffic.  Perhaps we can just
>>> migrate to Discourse and not have to run our own mailman instances and
>>> servers?
>> Discourse is [expleteive deleted] horrible. Please don't.
> Can you describe what value the existing mailing list has for you and
> why Discourse wouldn't provide that?

The mailing list works. Discourse does not.

"Unfortunately, your browser is unsupported
<https://www.discourse.org/faq/#browser>. Please switch to a supported
browser <https://browsehappy.com> to view rich content, log in and reply."

I _like_ my current browser thanks very much. I do not want to and will
not switch it in order to read things like this.

And that's after allowing about 1000 different things access in
noscript, none of which I really want to enable.

Mailing lists work. Mail clients have excellent filtering and filing
capabillities. Web browsers do not.

Trevor