[CentOS-devel] RFC (Request for Comments) : future of lists.centos.org (aka centos mailing-lists)

Sun May 14 09:35:37 UTC 2023
Pierre-Yves Chibon <pingou at pingoured.fr>

On Sat, May 13, 2023 at 06:42:25AM -0400, Neal Gompa wrote:
> I'd rather keep mailing lists for development myself. For that, I
> would suggest moving them to Fedora's instance and leveraging the
> multi-domain feature so that lists.centos.org goes to Fedora's
> instance.

Random, stupid, thought: Neal, Fabian and Smooge, you are aware of the issues
Fedora has been having with its Mailman 3 instance, partly due to the fact that
we were amongst the first to migrate to mm3 which actually ended up giving
problems to upgrade down the line.

So here goes crazy: what if there was a new MM3 server built for the CentOS
lists and then the remaining Fedora lists would look to be migrated to that same
instance?
It achieves the same outcome as what's described above: 1 instance, using
multi-domains, maintained by 1 team (CPE), for the CentOS and Fedora (and
pagure [1]) communities, but in reverse order and possibly giving an "easier"
upgrade path to the Fedora instance.

Food for thoughts :)

Pierre

[1] though these lists are a lot quieter these days