[Centos-docs] Request: Page about other lists/ info sources

Wed Nov 15 18:47:31 UTC 2006
Ralph Angenendt <ra+centos at br-online.de>

Karanbir Singh wrote:
> Hi Guys,
>
> can we get a page up somewhere that lists alternative places where a
> user might be able to go get some help ?
>
> Eg. Can we have a section that says : Xen, and then list the Xen mailing
> lists, and some url's - maybe 3 - 4 to start with.

Hmmmm. Yes, it could take traffic away from the users list.

> to start with, maybe we can just start off with a list of Alternative
> Mailing Lists that might help with specific issues ( Xen, Bind, samba etc )

And here is where I see a problem. The samba "support infrastructure"
tends to tell users "Use a current version". Same goes (kind of) for
postfix. And: Both mailing lists are *really* high traffic.

I don't know about Xen or bind ...

So: Do we really want to do that? Or do we get more questions like "My
samba-3.30.40 doesn't work. And the samba guys told me to use that."?

Ralph