[CentOS-gsoc] GSOC2015 App to trim containers

Thu Mar 5 09:29:51 UTC 2015
QIAO YANG <yangqiao0505 at me.com>

Hello ,

I' a 3rd year chinese student studying software engineering (real-time system and embedded system) in France.  I've found the GSOC2015 idea 'App to trim containers ' very attractive and I would like to know more about it to prepare my proposal.
After having read the introduction, I think the main purpose is clear. Analyse the dependencies of app and create a minimum contrainer for it instead of a full feature image (If I've got it right).

In order to make my first step, I wonder how could I try it out, for I used to use other distributions. Any reference would also be a great help. I would like to try out the container and understand how it functions.

Looking forward to hearing from you soon :)

Best regards
YANG Qiao

Université de Tchnologie de Compiègne

Génie Informatique