[CentOS-gsocadmin] short self intro

Tue Mar 3 19:10:48 UTC 2009
Ralph Angenendt <ralph+centos at strg-alt-entf.org>

Karanbir Singh wrote:
> hi,
>
> can we all please post a short self-intro here. Just so that everyone
> knows who the other people on the admin/mentor list are

Hello, my name is Ralph and I've been a linux user for 13 to 14 years now.

(Crowd goes "Hello Ralph.")

I'm from a non-academic (well, non-finished) background and have become a
system- and network engineer because I was too stupid to be a programmer -
which seems to exclude scripting languages.

I'm working at the third largest public TV and Radio station in Germany,
where at the moment I'm helping to build up a youth radio - or at least the
systems and network stuff behind that. Before that I got into automated
administration with cfengine.

I did hang out at the CentOS venues since the second(?) 3.x release until
a certain someone (Yes, I am answering your mail right now) asked me to
get on board. So now I'm doing some of the wiki work, some of the community
work and try to get the mailserver to obey me which largely works. From that
came a bit infrastructure work and I fear that that won't be all >:)

CentOS is the first large open source project I'm working with/on, though I
try to help whenever I'm using some open source software.

Cheers,

Ralph