[CentOS-gsocadmin] Ping! [was:Re: Reviewing proposals]

Mon Mar 30 03:04:12 UTC 2015
Sankarshan Mukhopadhyay <sankarshan.mukhopadhyay at gmail.com>

Hi,

I would like to request the mentors to begin initial reviews and
assessments of the submitted proposals. For the first pass
assessments, using the "Private" comment section is acceptable.

During this period we would like to (a) identify the strong proposal
and thus a short-list; (b) identify the good alternatives which make
up the long-list; (c) cull the absolutely hopeless ones.

If you do not have access to the Melange dashboard for The CentOS
Project, please get in touch with the OrgAdmins (Karsten and Jeff ?)
to get it sorted.

The GSoC timeline does provide a "Community Bonding Period". However,
using the window rolling up to the short list enables the candidate
and the mentor to be more familiar with each other and also form a
strong basis of assessing the ability of the candidate to execute to a
plan.

/sankarshan

--
sankarshan mukhopadhyay