[CentOS-mirror] IP range changes at nic.funet.fi

Anssi Johansson

avij at centosproject.org
Mon Mar 25 19:19:48 UTC 2019

Harri Salminen kirjoitti 22.3.2019 klo 15.48:

> Hi,
>
> in preparation to installing a new nic.funet.fi cluster I'd need to
> extend the allow IP address ranges for our rsync mirroring.
>
> The ranges allocated for the cluster are
>
> 193.166.3.0/27
>
> 193.166.254.0/27
>
> 2001:708:10:9::/64
>
> 2001:708:10:a::/64
>
> We currently sync from rsync://eu-msync.centos.org/CentOS with
> rsync://us-msync.centos.org/CentOS as an automatic fallback.
>
> It's currently listed under Finland as CSC / Funet in the mirror list,
> the URLs will stay the same. FTP is also supported since 1990 even if
> you are not interested. The new systems will also support https as an
> alternative but the old one still in use doesn't. I'll inform when the
> new is synced up and taken in production.

Hi, these IP addresses have now been added to the ACL and you can now
rsync from your new cluster. As for us-msync/eu-msync, both of those are
currently CNAMEs to a GeoIP-backed msync.centos.org, so the fallback
isn't particularly effective. You can find more details about that in
the announcement:
https://lists.centos.org/pipermail/centos-mirror-announce/2019-March/000025.html