[CentOS-promo] [FOSDEM] Accepted request for the Fedora and CentOS devrooms

Pascal Bleser loki at fosdem.org
Wed Nov 28 00:24:35 UTC 2007

Hi Dag, hi Frederic

Your request for a devroom at FOSDEM 2008 has been accepted and, as
such, we will put the following at your disposal during the event:
- - a room with 150 seats
- - a video projector
- - Internet connectivity (wifi + wired at the speaker's desk)
during the following time frames:
* Saturday 2008-02-23: 14:00 to 19:00
* Sunday 2008-02-24..: 09:00 to 18:00
(please note that the rooms will _not_ be available outside of that
timeframe, especially on Saturday, as courses and exams are still being
taken at the ULB (the University where the event takes place) before 14:00)

The assignment is as discussed: a single, joint Fedora+CentOS devroom
during the whole week-end.

Frederic, I'll send you another confirmation email for JBoss (in a
different room but "only" on Sunday afternoon 12:00-18:00).
We can still switch to the alternative layout as I proposed in my last
email and do
* Sat afternoon: joint CentOS+Fedora
* Sun morning: joint CentOS+Fedora
* Sun afternoon: Fedora+JBoss in one room, and CentOS alone in another
Doesn't really make a difference as far as we're concerned (as it's the
same room occupation) but we'll need to know how to split/join soon to
announce it properly ;)

Note that if you also requested a stand: stand confirmations will be
sent out by end of this week.

We have a large room at our disposal that will be locked from Saturday
19:00 to Sunday 09:00 but we will not take responsibility if something
gets stolen or broken. In past editions of the event we also offered the
possibility of a hardware insurance for speakers and visitors of
devrooms but we have decided to discontinue it.

You are our contact for the devroom and you're the person we'll poke for
information ;)

You are free to manage the schedule inside your devroom as you wish and
plan talks, hacking sessions, BoF discussions, whatever. But always keep
in mind that FOSDEM is a FOSS community event, organized by the
community for the community. We're a non-profit organization and don't
accept vendor talks. So make sure that the stuff that will take place in
your room is strongly related to FOSS projects and communities. (I guess
that's obvious for everyone but well.. ;))

What we want from you is a schedule of all the activities that will be
held in your room, with, for each:
1) the speaker(s):
* real name
* contact information (optional): email, JID, IRC
* a photo (optional, although it's always nice)
* a short bio
* links to website, blog, ... (optional)
2) the talk/theme of the hacking session/...:
* title
* abstract (1-2 paragraphs)
* longer description
* links to project website, blogs, ...

We will publish all that information on our website.

Please have a look at our FOSDEM 2007 archive to get an idea of what we
need and what it'll look like:
http://archive.fosdem.org/2007/schedule/devroom/debian
http://archive.fosdem.org/2007/schedule/events/debian_netconf
http://archive.fosdem.org/2007/schedule/speakers/martin+lasarsch
http://archive.fosdem.org/2007/schedule/speakers/stephan+binner

The deadline for sending us that information is
*********************
* Friday 2008-02-01 *
*********************
but the sooner the better (it'll be earlier on the website, and will
also make our life easier as we have to hack all that content into our CMS).
Also, please send us that data in plain text (inline or attached) by
email and clearly mention the name of your project in the subject, as
we'll have plenty of work tracking all that.

And, of course, if you have any questions, please contact us at
devrooms at fosdem.org

cheers
- --
  -o) Pascal Bleser <loki at fosdem.org>    http://www.fosdem.org
  /\\     FOSDEM 2008 :: 23 + 24 February 2008 in Brussels
 _\_v Free and Opensource Software Developers European Meeting