[CentOS] SD Card Reader not being recognized

Dave Gutteridge dave at tokyocomedy.com
Wed Aug 3 16:32:09 UTC 2005

>>>So in short: Try adding this line to your /etc/modprobe.conf file:
>>>options scsi_mod max_luns=8
>>>Worth a shot.

I missed that suggestion when it first came around. I did that... and it
works!! Nice.

Now, the thing is I can access the SD Card by browsing for it in
Konquerer (Is that what the file explorer is called in KDE?). But it
doesn't come up on the desktop. To make it show up on the desktop
automatically when I put a card in, is there a setting I can do for that?

Which actually brings me to a related question. In KDE, when I log in, I
have my two DVD drives already on the desktop (as disk icons),
regardless of whether or not there are disks in the drive. Is there a
way I can have them not be there, and only appear on the desktop when I
put in a disc?

Dave