[CentOS] CentOS on Compaq Proliant Rackmount Servers

Fri Jul 15 22:26:54 UTC 2005
Mark A. Lewis <mark at siliconjunkie.net>

> Depending on age of the 1850s and it seems all the 1600s have
> an issue when Anaconda is trying to detect USB. Do a no usb
> install on those.
> Also, on the 1850, if you're using a raid card, you may need
> to disable the onboard raid as it can be touchy. Otherwise, I
> have 3000Rs, 1850Rs, DL360Rs (which i won't buy again as
> these have been the most unreliable) and DL380s, all happily
> chugging along on ver 3 and ver 4 installs. I did hit some
> snags with LVM conflicts. I think the proprietary scsi
> conflicted, but setting up with disk druid has always been reliable.
>
> John Hinton

Let me guess, power supply fan failures on the 360's? If it helps, the
newer ones have come a long way.

On topic, I have CentOS on:

DL360G1
DL380G1 and G2
DL580G1 and G2
PL8000
PL8500

No issues on any of them that I can recall.

believed to be clean.