[CentOS] kannel from dag - sqlite conflict with centos 4.2

Tony pthagonal at gmail.com
Fri Nov 11 00:24:40 UTC 2005

On 11/11/05, Deim Ágoston <ago at lsc.hu> wrote:

> > centos team chose to call their package sqlite rather than sqlite3, so
> > accidentally clashing with Dag's rpmforge package name. I think I'll be
> I think you can blame on RedHat. They chose the package names. Don't
> forget that CentOS tem "just" rebuild the source rpms. To be fully
> compatible they even mirror the bugs... (eg.: anaconda installer bug with
> raid1 root partition and grub)

No blame coming from here- I try not to do blame culture, and especially in
this case given that the Centos folks do an amazing job for free - and can't
be expected to test against 3rd party repositories like Dags.

I'm pretty sure it's not from RedHat, though under normal circumstances
you'd be right. If I read the centos 4.2 release notes correctly, their
sqlite package has come in to improve yum performance as part of the centos
replacement for the Redhat Network.

It would be cool if centos could change their package name to sqlite3 and
make that come through to replace their sqlite package asap, but I don't
know if that type of update is even possible, let alone warranted given the
tiny minority (1?) who are probably affected by it versus the risks of
screwing up a bunch of other people's happy centos4.2 systems.

--
Cheers,

Tony