[CentOS] iptables command to view just nat/forward info by ip

Thu Dec 21 01:58:45 UTC 2006
Matt Hyclak <hyclak at math.ohiou.edu>

On Wed, Dec 20, 2006 at 05:49:57PM -0800, Centos Newb enlightened us:
> I was told that AMANDA packages are already on Centos 4.4, i did:
> "sudo yum install amanda"
> and it installed, but i have not been able to run any commands or
> 'locate' any files that look like config files?
>
> I am brand new to AMANDA (tried installing it from RPMs on a few
> operating systems) and i have not had much success at all.
>
> I have read the documentation on the AMANDA site, they even have a
> specific note for centos users on installing the RPMs (not to do it as
> root). But i have been told that it is not that difficult, to just use
> yum and that takes care of it.
>
> I think that i may be lacking some administrative commands. What are
> some good ways to verify that a service is installed? How do i know
> which components are needed? Doesn't Yum take care of dependencies? I
> feel like i am missing something- Any suggestions on what i may have
> overlooked- or ways that i can check on my own?

Most likely you are missing the amanda-server package. The amanda package is
just the common libraries and things.

You may also wish to look at http://wiki.centos.org/HowTos/AmandaBackups
The version of Amanda included in CentOS 4 is very outdated, so you may want
to use updated RPMs by following
http://www.math.ohiou.edu/~hyclak/casit/amanda/ or check out the RPMs from
zmanda.com.

Matt