[CentOS] yum install nagios, adding dag repository

Tue Jun 20 22:45:08 UTC 2006
karl at klxsystems.net <karl at klxsystems.net>

I actually fixed this by installing RPMforge, which just so happens to aim
at DAG repository, and then all yum commands to install nagios worked
great.

That howto on dag just shows the basics of yum really, which i'd kind of
read in depth prior to posting.  From it, and other documentation, it was
hard to make the connect that "installing rpmforge would enable yum to
talk to dag", and end up with a yum.repos.d that had these entries:

-rw-r--r--   1 root root 2364 Feb 16 18:27 CentOS-Base.repo
-rw-r--r--   1 root root  684 Jun  5 02:46 mirrors-rpmforge
-rw-r--r--   1 root root  416 Jun  5 02:46 rpmforge.repo
yum.repos.d (END)

So for "installing nagios via yum", and/or "enabling the dag repository",
the step-by-step for a 64 bit Centos 3.4 box is:

rpm -ivh rpmforge-release-0.3.4-1.el4.rf.x86_64.rpm

yum install nagios-nrpe

Yum accesses the proper repository, and voila, happiness is acheived.

Now for the fun part of adapting all of the 32 bit Nrpe checks to 64 bit
ones.

-karlski