[CentOS] Re: PHP 5.1 rpm

Mike Stankovic mlists2006 at yahoo.com
Mon May 1 15:09:16 UTC 2006

--- Tom Diehl <tdiehl at rogueind.com> wrote:
> I stole this change from the Centos specfile for
> php-5.0. If someone would like to comment on exactly

> what this does I would be greatful.

That is also somewhere in bug.php.net about FC having
a newer compiler.

> I have been running it for a couple of days with no
> apparent problems.

I've been running it for longer than that (see
http://lists.centos.org/pipermail/centos/2006-April/062966.html).
Only prob some extensions like e-accelerator which
work with php4/5.0.4 don't  work with 5.1.x

I too would echo requests for CentOS to have stuff
like php 5.1 perhaps in the contrib section to reduce
duplication of efforts.