[CentOS] Hauppauge WinTV-PVR-350 card on CentOS 4.X?

Fri Oct 27 19:59:20 UTC 2006
William Suffill <william.suffill at gmail.com>

I have a PVR-150 using IVTV without issue. The kernel module was a bit
fun but it seems ATRPM did have compatable packages that worked ok but
need to be careful on future kernel updates due to this added
dependence now though.

Even the fedora howto for MythTV suggest using the rpms for ease of
setup. I was unable to use myth-suite from ATRPMs due to a lib
dependency issue in centos. Had to manually install the myth related
rpms and avoid myth-gallery because it caused dependency issues with
Centos 4.4

http://wilsonet.com/mythtv/fcmyth.php
http://atrpms.net/dist/el4/ivtv/

Linux shuttle 2.6.9-42.0.2.ELsmp #1 SMP Wed Aug 23 00:17:26 CDT 2006
i686 i686 i386 GNU/Linux

Seems I probably missed the newer ivtv rpms for the newer kernel in
centos but it works for now. (Home LAN firewalled etc)

Didn't want to run a seperate distro here and work but could have. Bit
harder to get compat RPMs for this type of things for EL4 due to
version differences etc but so far so good.

-- William