[CentOS] remote file access,

John Summerfied debian at herakles.homelinux.org
Thu Sep 7 01:03:05 UTC 2006

kai wrote:

> Thanks for the answers, I agree that imap may be right, but my dns
> supplier has a quota at 40MB. I like to keep my mails, additional to my
> privat I am following several mailing list, separated, so the quota is
> way to small.
> I feel like the best for me is to move my domain here, setting up my own
> server. I have been using djbdn and qmail earlier, but would like to
> change to something more standard, I should manage though, but I am a
> little afraid of the work load setting things up.
> So my question at the moment boils down to, witch supplier of dynamic
> dns service to use, that also mx forward without to many restrictions.

I use dyndns for my free domains.

I don't use secondary MXes because
1. Legitimate senders should queue when I'm down
2. I don't control what mail someone else accepts for me
3. Spammers rely on 2 to inject spam into my system. When I had a
secondary MX, almost all the mail I got through it was spam.
4. In practice ou can't reject incoming mail your sendondary because, if
you do, you will contribute to the enormous backwash of bounces to

Before I implemented this, I ran the idea past an antispam list; there
seemed no cons, and some of the others also didn't have secondaries for
the above reasons.

-- spambait
1aaaaaaa at coco.merseine.nu  Z1aaaaaaa at coco.merseine.nu

Please do not reply off-list