[CentOS] Re: Safely updating to 4.4 via yum (chicken)

Micha Silver micha at arava.co.il
Tue Sep 26 07:20:13 UTC 2006

Scott Silva wrote:

>techlist06 spake the following on 9/25/2006 2:51 PM:
>Besides fire and explosions! Sorry, that is for Dell laptops.  ;-)
>That is the recommended steps, but I would put the first three on one line like;
>yum update yum sqlite python-sqlite
>just in case of a dependency problem.
Definitely on *one line*. I tried running them separately, and after
'yum update sqlite ' the other updates would not run. yum froze looking
for the local cache. To overcome this I had to do:
rpm -e yum sqlite python-sqlite
then I download the 4.3 versions of each of these rpms, and installed
them, Then:
yum update yum sqlite python-sqlite
and finally:
yum update