[CentOS] centos] Xen VM vanishes after creation

Kai Schaetzl maillists at conactive.com
Mon Aug 27 20:18:34 UTC 2007

R P Herrold wrote on Mon, 27 Aug 2007 15:25:41 -0400 (EDT):

> holds this answer -- if the path variable is not set, it seems
> to look at the CWD, from some of the error cruft I can provoke

The problem is not the configuration file, the problem is the vm
filesystem  file. That is not mentioned anywhere. How do you shutdown or
start your VMs?
I made another test and created a second VM and then *saved* that VM. That
saved it in the state it was in and I was able to restore it from that
save file. However, when I then shutdown the same VM the save file has
completely vanished and only the filesystem file is there as before.
There's no way to "revive" it then.
This can't be it, I must be missing something, although I've read almost
all of the Virtualization Guide by now.
Or is it really intended that the only way to keep a VM is to save it in
the middle of operation and restore it?

Kai

--
Kai Schätzl, Berlin, Germany