[CentOS] Re: SMP motherboard not recognized

Jim Perrin jperrin at gmail.com
Wed Jul 11 19:41:10 UTC 2007

On 7/11/07, Scott Silva <ssilva at sgvwater.com> wrote:
> gen2 spake the following on 7/11/2007 11:02 AM:
> > Scott Silva wrote:
> >
> >> Is bios up to date?
> >> Does non zen kernel detect both processors?
> >
> > Bios is not up to date, rather not go anywhere near that considering I
> > can boot to the gentoo-minimal CD and see all 4 cores. Unless I'm not
> > understanding something there...please explain if so. I assume if the
> > bios is working for 2.6.16 gentoo, it should be fine for centos 2.6.18.

I've got 4 x345's here at the office running Centos4 with smp just
fine, however it did require an update of the scsi controller
firmware, and the bios to get things to work right.

It's pretty straight forward to do, and the ibm folks are good about
replacing parts if you brick your hardware (at least for us)

George Orwell