[CentOS] Re: openssh with High-Performance patches?

Kay Diederichs kay.diederichs at uni-konstanz.de
Thu Jul 12 20:21:18 UTC 2007

Connie Sieh schrieb:
> On Thu, 12 Jul 2007, Kay Diederichs wrote:
>> Hi everyone,
>> has anybody successfully integrated the patches from
>> http://www.psc.edu/networking/projects/hpn-ssh/ into openssh, and
>> maybe produced a .spec file for this purpose that s/he is willing to
>> share?
> We have a openssh that includes that patch.  It does also include the
> ability to use both the old and new gssapi.  You should be able to take
> that patch out if you need to.
> The patch you want to keep  is openssh-3.9p1-hpn11.patch
> It uses the -11 patch as we needed it for openssh 3.9 .
> The SRPM is at
> ftp://ftp.scientificlinux.org/linux/scientific/44/i386/contrib/SRPMS/openssh/openssh-3.9p1-8.SL.4.22.src.rpm
> -Connie Sieh

Hi Connie,

thanks for the link. I just installed it on a CentOS-4 system w/o problems.
Any chance SL will provide such a RPM for CentOS-5/SL5 ? I must say that
I had a try at modifying the CentOS-5 openssh .spec file, but got a
couple of rejects during patching with the hpn -12 patch for 4.3pl2 -
too much to fix without looking carefully.