Crazy - Re: [CentOS] Centos 5, X dies, I cry

Robert Moskowitz rgm at htt-consult.com
Wed Jun 13 16:34:13 UTC 2007

It seems to be a timing problem.  And I do not know what else.

Perhaps I need to do more tresting, but each test takes around 10 min.
I have to boot, see it fail to go into X, try something reboot....

I have noticed that if I run pm-suspend and power back up, watch the
system hang, pull the AC and the battery, and power up, I get into X.
Strange?

But in the last few rounds, while services were loading, I did not do an
<alt-D> to see details and X did not crash.  Seems to be a timing
issue... ???

Now my display is set for the one I have in my NOC, not the one here in
my office.  I tried to change it and although I am told the update to
xorg.conf was made, no changes were made.  I guess next time I will log
in as root instead of chancing su...

ARGH!!!!!