[CentOS] Re: Centos 5 - Setting up yum for ATrpms

Mon Jun 18 17:08:04 UTC 2007

Axel Thimm wrote:

> On Mon, Jun 18, 2007 at 12:43:00PM -0400, Robert Moskowitz wrote:
>
>> I think I found one of my setup problems.  I followed instructions at:
>> http://atrpms.net/install.html
>>
>> And now I see that the information shown there to put into yum.conf (that I
>> put into yum.repo.d/atrpms.repo) is only for FC, not for RL5 (thus Centos
>> 5).
>>
>> What do I use in my atrmps.repo to get it to access the RL5 directories?
>>

> There is a package called atrpms-package-config, but you can just as
> well simply cut and paste the following.
>
> Don't enable atrpms-testing or atrpms-bleeding as they mean what they
> are named as. :)
> (They are disabled by default in the example below, so it's safe to
> cut and paste)
>
> $ cat /etc/yum.repos.d/atrpms.repo
> #
> #
> [atrpms]
> name=Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5 - x86_64 - ATrpms
> baseurl=http://dl.atrpms.net/el5-x86_64/atrpms/stable
> failovermethod=priority
>
> #
> # requires stable
> #
> [atrpms-testing]
> name=Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5 - x86_64 - ATrpms testing
> baseurl=http://dl.atrpms.net/el5-x86_64/atrpms/testing
> failovermethod=priority
> enabled=0
>
> #
> # requires stable and testing
> #
> [atrpms-bleeding]
> name=Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5 - x86_64 - ATrpms bleeding
> baseurl=http://dl.atrpms.net/el5-x86_64/atrpms/bleeding
> failovermethod=priority
> enabled=0

Thanks a bunch for this.  I have to boot back to Centos 4 for a bit (figure out what is wrong with my Thunderbird setup), then come back and try this.

I use yumex, and first do everything stable.  Then if I am looking for things, then I enable bleeding and testing.  I should note that at least until recently, the wpasupplicant was over at either testing or bleeding, don't remember which right now...