[CentOS] ZFS on Linux

Christopher Chan christopher.chan at bradbury.edu.hk
Tue Dec 30 00:24:40 UTC 2008

> I agree in general with most every opinion. Especially Davide's comment above. Very good analogy
> Open Solaris may be your best choice.
> I would suggest you do pay attention to Solaris itself. It's free (as in beer) from Sun & it works.

Except for patches unless you want to browse Sun's website regularly to
download them.

You also get more hardware support on OpenSolaris and support from Sun
for OpenSolaris but I suppose the latter option is probably better done
with Solaris 10 + support which includes access to patch management.
Unless you like the way things are done over here in Linux land which is
one tool to manage them all and not one tool to install packages and
another tool to install patches to packages.