[CentOS] RHEL vs. CentOS

drew einhorn drew.einhorn at gmail.com
Sun Jul 6 02:35:49 UTC 2008

In looking at the possibility of using yum-priorities on a RHEL5 system,
I noticed on thing that is different from my recollection,
I see that the default priority it 99,
but I seem to recall that it used to be 1.

Is my memory faulty, or did it change?

Actually 99 seems to make the most sense when using it in its native
environment on a CentOS box.

But when trying to use it in a foreign environment on a RHEL box, 1 seems to
be a better choice,
because of the repos that are magically created by the rhnplugin, that do
not have configurations
in /etc/yum.repos.d

It would be ideal if there turned out to be a undocumented feature in
*/etc/yum/pluginconf.d/priorities.conf
*that allowed us to change the default priority.
*
*