[CentOS] using new sysconfig file

Ian Blackwell ian at ikel.id.au
Sat Jul 12 23:04:51 UTC 2008

Kai Schaetzl wrote:
> I installed postgrey from rpmforge and wanted to use sysconfig to change
> options instead of overwriting the init file. However, I get a weird
> warning from postgrey. I'm not sure if this is a postgrey quirk or I use
> sysconfig the wrong way.
>
> /etc/sysconfig/postgrey:
> OPTIONS="--unix=/var/spool/postfix/postgrey/socket --delay=660"

Hi Kai,

I got similar errors by corrupting my /etc/sysconfig/postgrey file, by
putting text into the delay value - i.e. I replaced 660 with 66O.  I
suggest you recreate the file (from scratch) to make sure you haven't
got some odd binary data in their somehow (null's?).

BTW: Postgrey recommend a maximum delay of 300.  Is there a reason
you're using 660?

Ian