[CentOS] Re: configuration request

William L. Maltby CentOS4Bill at triad.rr.com
Mon Jul 21 14:21:47 UTC 2008

On Mon, 2008-07-21 at 08:45 -0400, Sam Drinkard wrote:
> <snip>

> the machine down there, I actually had maybe 2 hours, or the time it
> took to install CentOS on the drive and get the FS set up for the task.
> Only later did I learn there was a problem remote rebooting.

Ahhh. That prompts a possible solution. I would guess that you didn't
have time to see if it had a BIOS upgrade available. From watching this
list of a long period, I note that many ACPI issues are resolved when a
BIOS upgrade is applied. I guess that manufacturers rush the stuff out
the door and then later some issues are found and fixes made available.

If you've not checked to see if there is a BIOS upgrade available, it
may be worthwhile. Even if it doesn't solve the occasional operational
issues, it may solve the reboot issues.

> <snip>

HTH
--