[CentOS] nspluginwrapper included in CentOS 5.2 fails completely

Mon Jul 21 21:01:39 UTC 2008

On Mon, Jul 21, 2008 at 2:18 PM, MHR <mhullrich at gmail.com> wrote:
> I was wondering if anyone else had this problem.
> I run CentOS 5.2 x86_64 on my workstation at home.  Since 5.2 came out
> with nepluginwrapper bundled into it, none of my plugins work.  I
> thought it was just a problem with the flash plugin, but neither the
> mplayerplug-in plugins nor the adobe acrobat reader plugin work,
> either.
I am running the 32 bit kernel on my Desktop and I do *NOT* have that
problem. Is that limited to the
64 bit kernel or to your box? After I did the huge update to CentOS
5.2, everything continued to work
in Firefox 3.0. As I write this, I am listening on Streamaudio.com to
in Anchorage, AK which uses mplayer.

Possibly you should install the 32 bit version of Firefox and the Plug
Ins, if they are not already