[CentOS] madwifi on Centos 5.2, kernel 2.6.18-92.1.6.el5

Mon Jul 14 21:39:01 UTC 2008
Dag Wieers <dag at centos.org>

On Sun, 13 Jul 2008, Kurt Hansen wrote:

> I just installed Centos 5.2 on my wife's IBM thinkpad T41 with Atheros
> wireless.
>
> It looks like I need to install madwifi to get the wireless to work. Our home
> wireless network uses WPA2
>
> I found the EL5 rpms at atrpms, but there is no madwifi-kmdl rpms for kernel
> 2.6.18-92.1.6.el5.
>
> So, to get the wireless working on my home network, what's the shortest path
> from here? Install madwifi from source (was part the way there but discovered
> the rpms when I looked for the wpa_supplicant stuff)? Or, can I use one of
> the other madwifi-kmdl rpms? Or, go back to an earlier kernel?

If you actually looked at the CentOS wiki, you would have found this when
searching for madwifi:

 	http://wiki.centos.org/HowTos/Laptops/Wireless

which should help. If it doesn't, we'd be pleased to know about it.

Thanks,