[CentOS] CentOS 5 Evolution Update errors

Wed Mar 12 18:03:38 UTC 2008
William L. Maltby <CentOS4Bill at triad.rr.com>

On Wed, 2008-03-12 at 11:55 -0500, Lanny Marcus wrote:
> On 12 March 2008, "William L. Maltby" <CentOS4Bill at triad.rr.com> wrote:
> > <snip some msg header stuff>

> > > Evo update on my 4.x worked just fine. 5.0 generated a bunch of
> > > parsing
> > > errors preceded and followed by a couple of I/O errors that appear
> > > related to an unavailable URL.
>
> Bill:
>
> FWIW, I use Evolution daily on CentOS 5 for IMAP email. Recently, I have
> been having problems, trying to close Evolution. Yesterday I updated
> Evolution, via the update icon in the lower right hand corner of the
> GNOME desktop for "pup" the Package Updater. So far, I am not having the
> problem closing Evolution.   :-)
>
> I did *not* update the evolution-data-server package yesterday.
>
> Good luck on a quick and easy solution! Lanny

Thanks Lanny. I just finished an rpm verify and see lots of size
changes. I think these are from prelink, IIRC. The usual T and c flags
(mtime differs and c means it's a configuration file). I'm still plowing
through the output. I suppressed md5sum checking for this pass because I
recall that when things are prelinked, rpm will "unprelink" to a
temporary file and then check. A slowdown may be noticable.  :-{

I'm hoping I can locate the trouble without having to do that now. I'll
run a more thorough one tonight while I snuggle comfy in my haystack.

Did find a missing dependancy for nautilus-sendto, libgain.so.0. Trying
to see "whatprovides" that now. All indications are I'll have to go a-
googling for that one. Yum and rpm both seem to indicate it's a bastard
child.

I remember locating it before in the dim dark past. Can't remember now
though.

<*sigh*>  They say your memory is the *second* thing to go.

> <snip sig stuff>

Thanks again,

--
Bill