[CentOS] Firefox distorted printing

MHR mhullrich at gmail.com
Wed Oct 1 00:24:57 UTC 2008

On Tue, Sep 30, 2008 at 4:36 PM, nate <centos at linuxpowered.net> wrote:

> Try printing to a file and use ps2pdf to convert it to PDF and
> validate that the formatting is correct? I always print to a file
> and convert to PDF myself just to have a "hard" electronic copy.

Please post if that works - I've never been able to get a really good
result from ps2pdf.  Tif2pdf works great (and it's the only way I can
print graphics from Linux because, for some reason, all I get from
GIMP or the file viewer is black), but with ps2pdf my beautiful,
two-column, superbly formatted FrameMaker ps files turn into junk.
(My FrameMaker disc has a bad spot on the PDF converter area, so I
can't install the missing link to generate PDFs directly, although the
.ps files look fine until I try to convert them.)

mhr